ERRORS of compile the Cygnal project

wang_xiao wrote on Thursday, February 19, 2009:

ERRORS of compile the Cygnal project:

I downloaded the sdcc compiler for windows of 2.8.0 version from sourceforge and installed in full model,then I typed make in the /Demo/Cygnal directory,but some errors came,
as below:
?ASlink-Warning-Couldn’t find library ‘mcs51’
?ASlink-Warning-Couldn’t find library ‘libsdcc’
?ASlink-Warning-Couldn’t find library ‘libint’
?ASlink-Warning-Couldn’t find library ‘liblong’
?ASlink-Warning-Couldn’t find library ‘libfloat’
ParTest/ParTest.rel: cannot open.
make: *** [main] Error 1

who can tell me why and how to resolve this ?

davedoors wrote on Thursday, February 19, 2009:

I would guess either the PATH variable was not set correctly (environment variable), or the makefile contains paths that are not correct for your machine.

Actually, I seem to remember that the Cygnal demo needed some libraries to be downloaded from the FreeRTOS site. Check the documentation page for the port to see if there is a link.

s402074786 wrote on Wednesday, March 11, 2009:

Hello wang xiao

I have the same problem…I just did all that the web side says but , I still have the problem…

how did you solve the problem?..please

thanks

daniel

frazer01 wrote on Thursday, March 12, 2009:

Hi There,

I am also having some problems with this demo, however I did get further than this so I’ll try help you out.

On the demo page read the text under the heading "Compiler, header file and library versions", there is a file you need to download, unzip and place in sdcc/lib/large.

You will then need to add "–lib-path c:/sdcc/lib/large" to the make file.

See my post "http://sourceforge.net/forum/forum.php?thread_id=3081738&forum_id=382005" for details.

Please post back if you get it all running and working then maybe you can help me?

Thanks,
Frazer