FreeRTOS and IAR

skpgebo wrote on Thursday, January 28, 2010:

I just downloaded the last version of FreeRTOS (RTOSV6.0.2) and IAR version 5.41 Kickstart.
Tried to open the project rtosdemo.eww located in …/Demo/uIP_Demo_IAR_ARM7, but I always get the error message : "The project ‘rtosdemo’ contains the unknown tool ‘STLINK_ID’.  I also tried load other projects, but get the same error.

rtel wrote on Thursday, January 28, 2010:

Did you open the project in an older version of IAR first?  If so, please grab a clean FreeRTOS installation and try again.  I just did this and the project opened and compiled with no problems.

Regards.

The project was first opened with version 5.10 of IAR. After reinstallation of the FreeRTOS files I still got an error: “Broken option were detected in the project file” and after that I got the old error "The project ‘rtosdemo’ contains the unknown tool ‘STLINK_ID’.
It seems to be some mismatch beetween my versions of IAR and FreeRTOS.

rtel wrote on Thursday, January 28, 2010:

The project was created using V5.40 and as far as I can tell opens and compiles without issues in V5.41.  IAR will silently destroy a project if you try opening the project in a version of IAR that is older than the one used to create the project.

Regards.

Shall I try to reinstall the IAR, too ?
ShalI I try IAR V5.40 instead ?