STM32F051

vishme7 wrote on Wednesday, October 09, 2013:

Hii,

i just stared my new project with freertos, i am using STM32F051 M0 controller.
but i cant find any demo sample with FreeRtos not even on FreeRtos site.
There is M3 demo codes for STM controller i just tried to port M3 To M0 but FreeRtos M3 Demo Application does not port to M3.
for Development I want to use Keil not others.
So how to Start with STMM0 with FreeRtos.

rtel wrote on Wednesday, October 09, 2013:

There is a demo for an ST Cortex-M0 part here:

It is using IAR. The latest release version of FreeRTOS does not have a Cortex-M0 port for Keil, but the latest head revision in SVN does - you can take the code out of SVN for now. It will be released soon.

https://sourceforge.net/p/freertos/code/HEAD/tree/trunk/FreeRTOS/Source/portable/RVDS/ARM_CM0/

Regards.

vishme7 wrote on Wednesday, October 09, 2013:

hi Richard,

thnx for this help.
yes i use FreeRtos 7.5.2 version but it does not have CM0 for Keil so how do i do it
i implement port.c ,portmacro.h also necessary files like task.c,queue.c,list.c and heap_2.c,after compilation i got following errors:

Error: L6406E: No space in execution regions with .ANY selector matching heap_2.o(.bss).
Error: L6407E: Sections of aggregate size 0x4400 bytes could not fit into .ANY selector(s).

rtel wrote on Wednesday, October 09, 2013:

yes i use FreeRtos 7.5.2 version but it does not have CM0 for Keil

The Keil port is in SVN - link in my first post.

Error: L6406E: No space in execution regions with .ANY selector matching heap_2.o(.bss).

This just looks like you have overflowed the amount of RAM in your project. Try lowering the value of configTOTAL_HEAP_SIZE in FreeRTOSConfig.h, removing any heap defined by the project itself, and lowering the stack allocated to main() to about 400 (also defined in the project itself).

Regards.