Im a student and would like to use FreeRTOS for a project, however i’m having trouble getting the Cygnal 8051 demo to work. The scheduler gets invoked but none of the tasks start.
My setup is as follows:
Vista x64 PC
SDCC 126.96.36.199 (#5379)
Unix-Utils Make 3.78.1
SiLabs IDE 3.30
I’ve taken the following steps to reach this point:
1) Modified the Demo Makefile CFlags by adding "–lib-path c:/sdcc/lib/large".
2) Modified the Demo Makefile by using the first make options instead of the default second.
2) Recompiled all *.c files in C:\SDCC\lib\src with "sdcc *.c --stack-auto --int-long-reent --float-reent -c"
and placed the output in C:\SDCC\lib\large. Please note I have also tried the files supplied on the demo website.
3) Navigate to C:\FreeRTOS\Demo\Cygnal using the unix-utils shell and run make. No errors. (I have also tried this via
4) Copy 0x13 from main.mem and place in FreeRTOSConfig.h.
6) Download the file to the target board.
7) Set a break point at vTaskStartScheduler() and each task function. When run it always reaches vTaskStartScheduler(),
but never any task. Status LED is permanently on.
Can anyone please offer advice on what I may be doing wrong?