FreeRTOSv10.3.1 Demo Cygnal compile error

Hi,

While using sdcc to compile the 8051 demo/cygnal/make, I got the following error messages…
$ make
sdcc -c --model-large -I. -I…/Common/include -I…/include -I…/…/Source/include -DSDCC_CYGNAL --debug --less-pedantic --xram-size 8448 --stack-auto --no-peep --int-long-reent --float-reent ParTest/ParTest.c
…/…/Source/include/task.h:335: error 226: no type specifier for ‘xTaskCreate parameter 6’
ParTest/ParTest.c:72: error 98: conflict with previous declaration of ‘vParTestSetLED’ for attribute ‘type’ at …/Common/include/partest.h:34
from type ‘void function ( unsigned-char fixed, signed-char fixed) __reentrant fixed’
to type ‘void function ( unsigned-char fixed, unsigned-char fixed) __reentrant fixed’
make: *** [Makefile:87: ParTest/ParTest.rel] Error 1
$
Any help on this?

henry c.

The SDCC build problems have been on the list of known issues for a very long time as it has not been a priority for us to fix this given the chip is so old - however very recently somebody posted a fix either in the forum, or in one of the Git repos. As I recall it was just a matter of updating some of the keywords used in the assembly from those expected by an old version of SDCC to whatever is expected by the new version.

For others, see my comment on which SDCC, FreeRTOS and GNU Make version worked.

Search for “Installing FreeRTOS on an 8051 microcontroller chip” Can’t post links.

@myupctoys You should now be able to post links.

Let me help to update the link here.

Thanks guys.

Might make it simple and stick the relevant files on my GitHub account and post a link. Unless there is a more relevant place to stick it? Links that disappear aren’t much use to anyone.

There will be a caveat… Don’t expect SDCC and FreeRTOS teams to support you with a code base 18 years old. But it does give one confidence to move forward, knowing the compilation worked.

That is a good idea - please do so.

For completeness on the 8051 FreeRTOS port, refer to link.

Thank you for sharing!