SAM4S Xplained FreeRTOS Trace

owaisfazal wrote on Friday, August 15, 2014:

Hello everyone,

Recently I am working on the SWO interface of SAM4S Xplained board (Not Xplained Pro). I am running FreeRTOS on this board and trying to work with the integrated Trace tool available in Atmel Studio 6.2. However, I am unable to start the trace recorder after clock initialization because an error message pops up indicating that the connected emulator does not support SWO. I have double checked it on the web documents available for SAM4S Xplained at this link

http://www.atmel.com/webdoc/sam4s16xplained/sam4s16xplained.introductionsection_qwq_mjg_xf.html

It clearly indicates that the J-Link OB supports JTAG/SWD + SWO interface. Does anyone here have any experience with this. If so please let me know.

Regards,
Owais.

davedoors wrote on Friday, August 15, 2014:

Is this related to the trace tool or just related to any swo output? Make sure you are connected using swd rather than jtag.

owaisfazal wrote on Friday, August 15, 2014:

The message that I am getting is that the emulator does not support SWO output, however I have checked it in the documents on SAM4S Xplained and it clearly indicates that the OB J-Link available on SAM4S Xplained supports SWO Interface. I am using SWD to program the board but still it shows the same message.

johankraft wrote on Monday, August 18, 2014:

It appears as the J-Link version used on the SAM4S Xplained support SWD but not SWO. We have the same issue with this board. If running Seggers own tool J-Link Commander and trying the command “SWOStat” you also get a similar error message, so it is not just Atmel Studio…

owaisfazal wrote on Monday, August 18, 2014:

Thanks for sharing your experience, I am also trying to get Trace via SAM-ICE on SAM4S-EK board but it seems SAM-ICE does not support SWO either.