Rowley 1.7 and AT91SAM7X-EK Web server demo

benst wrote on Thursday, August 23, 2007:

Hi,

I’m trying to run the Web server demo for the AT91SAM7X-EK board, using Rowley CrossStudio 1.7 and a Segger J-Link. Not much luck so far. Has anybody tried this with the latest releases of CrossStudio and the Web server demo?

Ben

davedoors wrote on Thursday, August 23, 2007:

I have used it with V1.6 but not V1.7.  What is the problem?  It does not run at all, or you just cannot connect to the WEB server?

benst wrote on Thursday, August 23, 2007:

During downloading, it says that it cannot stop the cpu. I’ve tried lowering the JTAG clock frequency (down to 1 kHz) but to no avail.

I have installed the CrossConnect Lite from Rowley, instead of the Segger J-Link, and now it downloads fine, and everything works fine now: blinkenlights, web server and USB.

Am I overlooking some setting on the Segger?

Ben

davedoors wrote on Thursday, August 23, 2007:

Seems to be a J-Link issue.  Take a look in your preprocessor definitions for the solution (or is it at the project level?) to see if STARTUP_FROM_RESET is defined.  You might like to look for this definition in the manual and startup code to see if the way it is used has changed in 1.7.

rtel wrote on Friday, August 24, 2007:

Maybe this is your problem:
http://ccgi.rowley.co.uk/support/faq.php?do=article&articleid=93

ogradyg wrote on Wednesday, October 03, 2007:

benst,

Were you able to get this demo working with the JLink?

I’m at the same point you were but I haven’t got a CrossConnect to try.

Regards.

steve3-14159 wrote on Wednesday, October 10, 2007:

Hi,
To get the demo to work I used the AT91SAM7_Target.js supplied with crossworks and in the project-properties set the configuration to "common" and then selected the AT91SAM7_Target.js file and set it "file type" to "reset script". And of course select the target to connect jlink.

I am using rowley 1.6