make: *** [main.o] Error 2

chriselec wrote on Monday, December 05, 2011:

Hi All,

I’m new to OS in embedded system. I use FreeRTOS in Vista-32 with YAGARTO compiler, Eclipse IDE, and AT91SAM7x256-EK. To my knowledge, I’ve tried to follow the config pointer and installation guides. I’ve tested the compiler previously with the provided file and it works. Now that I implemented the FreeRTOS and run the demo, I encounter such error. This is the log:

make all 
arm-elf-gcc -c -g -O3 -Tatmel-rom.ld -I . -I ../../../Source/include -I ../../../Source/portable/GCC/ARM7_AT91SAM7S -I ../../Common/include -I ./webserver -I ../../Common/ethernet/uIP/uip-1.0/uip -I ./SrcAtmel -I ./USB -D SAM7_GCC -D THUMB_INTERWORK -mcpu=arm7tdmi -D PACK_STRUCT_END=__attribute\(\(packed\)\) -D ALIGN_STRUCT_END=__attribute\(\(aligned\(4\)\)\) -fomit-frame-pointer -mthumb-interwork -fno-strict-aliasing -fno-dwarf2-cfi-asm -mthumb main.c -o main.o
process_begin: CreateProcess(NULL, arm-elf-gcc -c -g -O3 -Tatmel-rom.ld -I . -I ../../../Source/include -I ../../../Source/portable/GCC/ARM7_AT91SAM7S -I ../../Common/include -I ./webserver -I ../../Common/ethernet/uIP/uip-1.0/uip -I ./SrcAtmel -I ./USB -D SAM7_GCC -D THUMB_INTERWORK -mcpu=arm7tdmi -D PACK_STRUCT_END=__attribute((packed)) -D ALIGN_STRUCT_END=__attribute((aligned(4))) -fomit-frame-pointer -mthumb-interwork -fno-strict-aliasing -fno-dwarf2-cfi-asm -mthumb main.c -o main.o, ...) failed.
make (e=2): The system cannot find the file specified.
make: *** [main.o] Error 2

I’ve tried to google it and found similar problem in this forum, yet the thread starter managed to fix it on his/her own and continue to his/her next problem :slight_smile:
Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Regards,

Chris

chriselec wrote on Monday, December 05, 2011:

Hi All,

after days of troubleshooting before I started this thread, finally I found that it’s my cute Kaspersky. Some minor changes are also necessary to the Makefile since the YAGARTO has been updated and the sample were still assuming old config.
Thanks Everyone.

Regards,

Chris

lpc2478al wrote on Friday, May 18, 2012:

I had the same issue, tried to find some answer but nothing was working. Then found the answer in YAGARTO site.

“This version is an EABI version now. If you update from an older YAGARTO version you must replace arm-elf- by arm-none-eabi- in your makefile”. So open your make file and change lines where you find arm-efl to arm-none-eabi. You will be ready to go.

I was using this version 

Binutils-2.21
Newlib-1.19.0
GCC-4.6.2
GDB-7.3.1.

Thanks.