FreeRTOS+TCP for Atmel SAM4E Project availability

ogradyg wrote on Tuesday, November 24, 2015:

Does anyone know when the Atmel SAM4E version of the FreeRTOS+TCP example project will be available?
It looks like the perfect starting point for an upcomming project.

Regards.

heinbali01 wrote on Wednesday, November 25, 2015:

Hi,

Do you already have some hardware with a SAM4E, a switch and a LAN?
We were about to do the final touches on the SAM4E project.
It always lacks time to do The Official Release of the +TCP port and demo projects.
If you want you can do some pre-testing for us, that would be great!
Write to h point tibosch at freertos point org
and I will send you a demo project to start with.
Got that?

Thanks.

linserik wrote on Thursday, January 07, 2016:

Hello,
I would also be interested in the ReeRTOS+TCP on SAM4E. I have the existing FreeRTOS+UPD/FAT-SL/CLI running on a SAM4E XplainedPro and extended it by a UART command console and wrote an sd card (hsmci) media driver to use the sd card slot instead of the ramdisk, which I could provide. I would be happy to assist with some pre-testing or code tidying up as well. Let me know, if this is possible!
Cheers, ER!K

rtel wrote on Thursday, January 07, 2016:

The SAM4E demo is actually completed and documented, it will be made available very shortly.

cdrey wrote on Wednesday, July 03, 2019:

Hello,

sorry for bumping an old topic but my problem seems related.

I have an SAM4E Xplained Pro board at hand and would like to test the TCP/IP stack of FreeRTOS with it. The official example to that board refers to a Labs download that does not exist anymore (was included in main zip). In the main download \FreeRTOSv10.2.1\FreeRTOS\Demo\CORTEX_M4F_ATSAM4E_Atmel_Studio there is only a readme saying that it doesn’t exist anymore.

Is the demo outdated?

What would be a good replacement to start with?

Thanks!

rtel wrote on Wednesday, July 03, 2019:

The download is still available (
https://www.freertos.org/FreeRTOS-Labs/downloads/160919_FreeRTOS_Labs.zip ),
but the code in that download is old so should not be used for
production - instead take the +TCP code out of this repo
https://github.com/aws/amazon-freertos/tree/master/libraries/freertos_plus/standard/freertos_plus_tcp
as that version has undergone (and continues to undergo) formalised
memory safety proofs, and will become the master copy in the kernel
download zip too.

I don’t suppose there’s a +TCP SAM example project still available somewhere? I’ve come across mentions of the older SAM4E project on the archives, but the attachments and hyperlinks are no longer valid/accessible.

I’ve got a FreeRTOS SAME70 project setup and the +TCP files incorporated but am having trouble getting the basics up and running, so having a similar (e.g. another SAM device) example project for reference would be a huge help.

This link is working for me.

Well that’s embarrassing, I could have sworn I tried all the links previously posted! Downloaded without issue, thanks Richard.

If you want to upgrade from the 160919 version, please find today’s libraries in Github: the FreeRTOS kernel, FreeRTOS+TCP, and FreeRTOS+FAT

As far as I know you can upgrade the kernel files without any problem, even from version 8.x.x.

The current driver for SAM4E and SAME70 is currently in a pull-request. You can find the submitted code in this branch