FreeRTOS+IO+MPU code validation

bhaveshshah2310 wrote on Friday, April 17, 2015:

I have created an environment for FreeRTOS+IO framework to work in MPU mode.
now i want to validate my work for safety and Real Time responses.
is there any tools or framework to do the same ?

rtel wrote on Friday, April 17, 2015:

I’m not sure how you mean to validate for safety - with regards to software (as opposed to hardware, for which mathematical analysis can be performed) a confidence level of safety is normally obtained by using a rigorous and systematic product design lifecycle. The systematic nature is necessary to ensure errors cannot be made accidentally, through forgetfulness or through lack of analysis rigor.

bhaveshshah2310 wrote on Friday, April 17, 2015:

Thank you for replying.
I want to do the validation of this FreeRTOS + IO framework as i have implement it in MPU mode so dose it create any additional delay in system. and for the safety over here i mean that this platform is for isolating different task and peripheral interfaces. as failure in any hardware peripheral can not cause any problem to any other task or say peripheral interfaces.

mathematical analysis mean the amount of clock cycles are been consumed in a particular task to complete.?

the code is working properly on LPC 1769 EABaseboard. But for ensuring i need to do validating in safety as i tell earlier and real time response.