Emcraft 484 StarterKit FreeRTOS Driver KSZ8081 KSZ8051 or KSZ8041

jeronimo479 wrote on Thursday, January 25, 2018:

Both FreeRTOS and Microsemi claim that there is support for running FreeRTOS on their SmartFusion2. I have the Emcraft 484 StarteKit that holds a SmartFusion2 and I’m trying to get FreeRTOS Plus TCP up and running. Has anyone done a port yet for the MAC (Internal) and PHY (KSZ8051MNL - MII not KSZ8051SNL - SPI).

I know LWIP is supposed to support the StarterKit using FreeRTOS, but I don’t know if is supports verion 10.

rtel wrote on Thursday, January 25, 2018:

Both FreeRTOS and Microsemi claim that there is support for running
FreeRTOS on their SmartFusion2.

It’s not a claim, there is support, but I’m not aware of anybody porting
FreeRTOS+TCP to the same.

richard_damon wrote on Friday, January 26, 2018:

I can concur that FreeRTOS works on the SmartFusion2, as I have made several programs on them. Of course, since they use a Cortex-M3, you really are just using the generic M3 port, as that part is self sufficient using just standard device features. I haven’t done anything for the MAC/PHY though.

jeronimo479 wrote on Wednesday, January 31, 2018:

What I have found is that the Emcraft SmartFusion2 StarterKits that are supported by FreeRTOS all use the SPI interface from MAC to PHY and I need an MII. Even the LWIP only supports the SPI interface.

Specifically, I need a FreeRTOS driver for the SmartFusion2 integrated MAC that interfaces with an external KSZ8051MNL using MII.

None of the FreeRTOS drivers that I could find show an example of MII.