dsPIC33FJ128MC202 ADC Not Working with RTOS

johnnypelo wrote on Friday, August 15, 2008:

I am having issues with the ADC module while using RTOS. I have greatly simplified my code to find the issue and cannot - the exact module code works on the platform without the RTOS. All SFR contents are been written to and the contents have been verified, however the conversion buffer (ADC1BUF0) is not being filled with the converted value. Any thoughts? Anyone had this issue?

rtel wrote on Friday, August 15, 2008:

I had noticed that the ADC stopped working when I upgraded a compiler version (some time back, not the latest upgrade).  Could this be due to a change in a compiler provided library header file or linker script?  The FreeRTOS.org demo (I think from memory) uses a linker script in part of the application code rather than linking to one in the compilers directory so it might be that this needs updating.  It was done this way because at the time there was no way of linking to the correct linker script in the compilers directory without using an absolute path.

Regards.

johnnypelo wrote on Saturday, August 16, 2008:

Thanks for the advice. I spent a fair bit of time digging into the port portion of the RTOS. I actually think the issue ended up being a development board setting I didn’t quite understand.