Compilation issues trying to combine Amazon FreeRTOS with temperature senso

personlast wrote on May 17, 2019:

Currently attempted to add bme280 source code and the I2C libraries to a default Aws FreeRTOS library for microchip curiosity development board.

Currently running into the following compile time error:

#error "No Task mode chosen at build, interrupt or polling needs to be selected. "
^
make[2]: *** [build/pic32mz_ef_curiosity/production/_ext/1612192459/drv_i2c_static_buffer_model.o] Error 1

Any help on how to achieve this would be appreciated.

Library version Amazon FreeRTOS version - 1.4.7
IDE Version MPLAB X IDE v5.15
OS Version MacOS High Sierra 10.13.6
Demo Code Transferring Weather Data to a Smart Device BLE Client Using a
Curiosity Develop:
https://www.microchip.com/Developmenttools/ProductDetails/DM320104

Aws FreeRTOS curiosity library with the following features - Greengrass,
MQTT, OTA:
https://console.aws.amazon.com/freertos

Target Device PIC32MZ2048EFG100
Development Board Curiosity
Compiler XC32 (v2.10)
Compiler License Microchip XC License Manager Version: 2.22

personlast wrote on May 21, 2019:

Hello cobus-aws,

Thanks for the reply.

The steps I took to arrive at this issue are as follows:

1. Copied the I2C libraries from the demo example specified in the original ticket with whatever version the demo is on.
  2. Also copied the bme280 header and c files from the same.
  3. Resolved the include compilation errors.
  4. Ran into the compilation error -
    #error "No Task mode chosen at build, interrupt or polling needs to be selected. "

I did not use the harmony configurator to configure the driver.

I added the DRV_TMR_INTERRUPT_MODE to the system_config.h file and set it to true but ran into further compilation errors afterwards.

At some point I had the project compiling, but ran into runtime errors where the initial state of the temperature sensor was not initialized correctly.

There is no question that something is missing/misconfigured, just need to know what is causing it or a better way to approach this. I am still new to the embedded programming world, so combining 2 different projects together was probably not a good idea.

I have also reached out to Microchip as well and they have come back with a very similar response.
I am hoping they can provide us further support on this issue.

Regards,

Jason Laske

Yuki-AWS wrote on May 28, 2019:

Chatted offline with cobus-aws, and confirmed previous suggestion in the post resolved the issue. Closing on behalf of cobus-aws.