Beginner problems with Queues...

noobdeluxe2000 wrote on Thursday, April 24, 2014:

I am having some beginner problems with my Queues.
When I compile my code it says that there is multiple definitions of my queue??.

My compiler points to 2 different modules / 2 task where in of them send data (or make a xQueueSend) to the queue and in the other one i receive (or make a xQueueReceive) from it.

My xQueueHandle Queue1 = NULL is declared/initiated in a .h file, and the .h file is included to my other module.

Queue1 = xQueueCreate(3, sizeof(INT8U))
my queue is xQueueCreated in my main…

So I don’t know where I am going wrong… ??
IT would be very helpfull…

bowerymarc wrote on Thursday, April 24, 2014:

suggest you don’t assign a value to your queue handle in the .h file, since it’s probably included in multiple files. initialize it in a C file, and use ‘extern’ in the .h files.

On Apr 24, 2014, at 2:07 PMEDT, noob wrote:

I am having some beginner problems with my Queues.
When I compile my code it says that there is multiple definitions of my queue??.

My compiler points to 2 different modules / 2 task where in of them send data (or make a xQueueSend) to the queue and in the other one i receive (or make a xQueueReceive) from it.

My xQueueHandle Queue1 = NULL is declared/initiated in a .h file, and the .h file is included to my other module.

Queue1 = xQueueCreate(3, sizeof(INT8U))
my queue is xQueueCreated in my main…

So I don’t know where I am going wrong… ??
IT would be very helpfull…

Beginner problems with Queues…

Sent from sourceforge.net because you indicated interest in SourceForge.net: Log In to SourceForge.net

To unsubscribe from further messages, please visit SourceForge.net: Log In to SourceForge.net

noobdeluxe2000 wrote on Thursday, April 24, 2014:

Ahh!! thanks a lot :slight_smile: