Beginner Keil LPC2129

nobody wrote on Tuesday, November 14, 2006:

hi,

I downloaded FreeRTOS and open the uVision project file rtosdemo_ARM. When I click F7 (BUILD) , error Cant Execute ‘C:\Keil\ARM\Bin\CA’ occured.

How do I solve this?

This project is for the old Keil compiler.  Recently Keil started shipping with the ARM (as in the company) compiler in its place.  Do you know which compiler you have?  Its not always obvious.  Otherwise it seems you have a simple path issue.  Is the address you give where your compiler is installed - have you tried a build all?

jra01 wrote on Tuesday, November 14, 2006:

Looking at Keils homepage, I can hardly find the CA compiler anymore. Maybe they don’t ship new uVision with it? If you goto Project->Components, Environment, Books…, and select “Folders/Extensions”, there is a selection of three compilers: RealView (present Keil), Keil CARM (classic Keil), and GNU, in my version. Maybe CA is missing in your?

The present freeRTOS port for Keil is written for the CA compiler. I guess Richard B is working on the RV port. If you need to go on directly I have posted a working port for Atmels SAM7 series in the file attached to my feature request in this project "8 byte alignment".

To use it you will need to take the setup of timer and interrupt handler from the port you have, and put it into the SAM7 port.

In your demo you will have to change the irq routines according to the included demo (e g use of an assembler file for context switching irq:s).

Another solution would of course be that Keil gives you the CA compiler and linker executables, so that you can start up your project, and then do the compiler change at a later stage, when you know the OS etc, and maybe the RV compiler is included in the freertos distro.

A third, less known to me, solution, would be to start with a GNU port, since that is included in uVision.

good luck!

Jokke

Thanks for the reply. This is information about my uVision from About.
IDE-Version:
µVision3 V3.34
Copyright (c) Keil Elektronik GmbH / Keil Software, Inc. 1995 - 2006

Tool Version Numbers:
Toolchain Path:    C:\Keil\ARM\BIN
C Compiler:         CA.Exe
Assembler:          AA.Exe
Linker/Locator:     LA.Exe
Librarian:          LIBA.Exe
Hex Converter:      OHA.Exe
CPU DLL:            SARM.DLL       V3.03
Dialog DLL:         DARMP.DLL       V1.12

Anyway Keil CARM option is selectable in  my Project->Components, Environment, Books…, and  "Folders/Extensions" but there is no folder associated with it. Just blank. Does this mean I dont have CARM?

According to a post on the Keil forum the Keil compiler is no longer distributed in the latest version.  Is this a new download that you have.  If so it looks like you are out of luck.  You can download a KickStart version of the IAR tools to generate code limited to 32K.  Double the Keil code size limit.