xQueueReceive implementation

nobody wrote on Thursday, November 03, 2005:

Hallo,
I am used the FreeRTOS Queue in an application and want to be sure that:
when l call xQueueReceive(p1,p2,p3…) then the received item is deleted from the Queue, so that i dont need to delete it myself.
This is surely a nonsence question but l just want to be sure.:slight_smile:

Best regards

-Emeric

nobody wrote on Friday, November 04, 2005:

Items are queued by copy.  If you want to queue a large data structure it is therefore best to queue a reference to the data rather than the data itself.

Whether a reference or the actual data, the item is copied to the queue storage area, then copied out again when you retrieve the item.  You do not need to manage the queue storage area yourself - the queue handles this. 

There is no dynamic memory allocation other than when the queue is originally created.

nobody wrote on Friday, November 04, 2005:

Items are queued by copy.  If you want to queue a large data structure it is therefore best to queue a reference to the data rather than the data itself.

Whether a reference or the actual data, the item is copied to the queue storage area, then copied out again when you retrieve the item.  You do not need to manage the queue storage area yourself - the queue handles this. 

There is no dynamic memory allocation other than when the queue is originally created.