vTaskDelete From xTaskGenericCreate

l4n4 wrote on Monday, March 31, 2014:

Since the current vTaskDelete is only called when the Idle Task is running, I encounter some cases when my system is too busy to let the idle task run & do the clean-up. Currently I’m trying not to create/delete tasks too many times, but still hoping to add a way to handle it when it happens. I’m considering to add another call to vTaskDelete from xTaskGenericCreate. In this way, when the idle task have a chance to run, it still going to delete the task waiting for termination. But when the idle task has no chance, the next task create will do the actual clean-up. Any thoughts on this? Thanks.

rtel wrote on Monday, March 31, 2014:

You could define a trace macro to insert the code you want into the task create function as follows (insert at the bottom of FreeRTOSConfig.h):

#define traceTASK_CREATE( x ) while( uxTasksDeleted > 0 ) prvCheckTasksWaitingTermination()

Note that would only be called after memory was allocated for the task being created.

Regards.

Ok. Any specific reason why the deletion should be done after the memory is allocated for the new task? Because if the system has a very limited memory, it might be useful to do clean-up before any allocation. Thanks again.

rtel wrote on Monday, March 31, 2014:

It does not have to be - that is just where the trace macro I suggested defining is called from. Doing what you want using a trace macro just prevents you from having to edit the source files.

Regards.

tlafleur wrote on Monday, March 31, 2014:

In general terms, limited memory system should build static task. Ie: never delete a task.

~~ _/) _/) _/) ``` _/) ~~
Sent from my Phone

On Mar 30, 2014, at 8:37 PM, “Real Time Engineers ltd.” rtel@users.sf.net wrote:

It does not have to be - that is just where the trace macro I suggested defining is called from. Doing what you want using a trace macro just prevents you from having to edit the source files.

Regards.

vTaskDelete From xTaskGenericCreate

Sent from sourceforge.net because you indicated interest in https://sourceforge.net/p/freertos/discussion/382005/

To unsubscribe from further messages, please visit https://sourceforge.net/auth/subscriptions/

Got it. Thanks.