VSCode includePath not working with RTOS

I am new to FreeRTOS and trying to get a test environment working in VS Code on a Mac.

Having created a new directory for my project, I create a main.cpp file. In the same directory I copy the FreeRTOS/source folder. (Including the ‘include’ and ‘portable’ folders.

I also create a new folder in my root directory called ‘Demo’ and copy one demo app across.

Now with everything in the same directory, I set up my target build to use C/C++ clang, and I edit c_cpp_properties to make sure my includePath is included. Be default my includePath has the "${workspaceFolder}/**” path, which to my understanding is the workspace folder and all subdirectories.

If I go to main.cpp with one empty function, I can build this successfully. However if I add #include <FreeRTOS.h> I am presented with the error ‘File not Found’. However Ctrl + left click on this include links me to the file.

I have spent about 10 hours now trying to figure out how to successfully get a working environment. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sorry if this is a daft question - but FreeRTOS is just C code, so there should not be anything different you have to do to find FreeRTOS header files than you would for any other header files in your system - so what are you doing to find other header files?