RX62N warnings

rkn92 wrote on Thursday, December 27, 2012:

I am trying to use RX62N RSK Renesas compiler demo project as my base to use FreeRTOS.

After removing the unwanted files I am getting these warnings

L1100 (W) Cannot find “B_RX_DESC” specified in option “start”
L1100 (W) Cannot find “B_TX_DESC” specified in option “start”
L1100 (W) Cannot find “B_ETHERNET_BUFFERS” specified in option “start”

Is HighFrequencyTimerTest.c and timers.c required for FreeRTOS or can we remove those files??

Any Help will be greatly appreciated , Thank YOU.

rtel wrote on Thursday, December 27, 2012:

The warnings are about linker sections that are defined in the TCP/IP demo source files, which are presumably no longer included in the project.  To remove the warnings you will have to edit the linker settings to prevent the linker looking for those sections.

Assuming you are using HEW then select “RX standard toolchain” from the Build menu - the build options window will appear.  Select the “Link/Library” tab in the build options window, then in the category drop down list select “Section”.  You will see a table where the first three entries are the sections that no longer exist.  You can click the edit button and remove those sections.

Is HighFrequencyTimerTest.c and timers.c required for FreeRTOS or can we remove those files??

No, they are nothing to do with FreeRTOS, just test/demo tasks.  Only the files in the FreeRTOS/Source directory and sub-directories implement the kernel.

http://www.freertos.org/Creating-a-new-FreeRTOS-project.html
http://www.freertos.org/a00017.html

Regards.

Dear Richard,

thank you so much for great support, I am able to remove the warning but when I remove

HighFrequencyTimerTest.c and timers.c files I get following errors in build.

L2310 (E) Undefined external symbol “_xTimerCreateTimerTask” referenced in “P:\FreeRTOSV7.3.0\FreeRTOS\Demo\RX600_RX62N-RSK_Renesas\RTOSDemo\Debug\tasks.obj”
L2310 (E) Undefined external symbol “_ulHighFrequencyTickCount” referenced in “P:\FreeRTOSV7.3.0\FreeRTOS\Demo\RX600_RX62N-RSK_Renesas\RTOSDemo\Debug\tasks.obj”

Regards,
Ratheesh

rtel wrote on Thursday, December 27, 2012:

Sorry I misread your original email.

HighFrequencyTimerTest.c is not needed.

Timers.c is needed if you want the software timer service to be available. http://www.freertos.org/RTOS-software-timer.html

If you want the software timers then add Timers.c back in.

If you don’t want the software timers then you can leave Timers.c out, but you also need to set configUSE_TIMERS to 0 in FreeRTOSConfig.h.

I suspect it is complaining about _ulHighFrequencyTickCount because the run time stats implementation was using (for convenience) the high frequency timer value to generate it stats.  Now the high frequency timer demo is not running you can remove the run time stats generation by configGENERATE_RUN_TIME_STATS to 0 in FreeRTOSConfig.h and either remove the definition of portGET_RUN_TIME_COUNTER_VALUE or edit it so it does nothing (also in FreeRTOSConfig.h).

Regards.

Dear Richard,

Thank you once again,
included timers.c back and set configGENERATE_RUN_TIME_STATS to 0 in FreeRTOSConfig.h solved the issue.

Regards,
Ratheesh.K

rkn92 wrote on Friday, December 28, 2012:

HI ,

My poject is building and executing very well but still I get these errors given below!!

Phase: RX C/C++ Compiler, File: RX C/C++ Compiler, dependency scan error
P:\FreeRTOSV7.3.0\FreeRTOS\Source\include\portable.h(113) :  DC201 (E) A header file does not exist ‘libFreeRTOS\Include\portmacro.h’
P:\FreeRTOSV7.3.0\FreeRTOS\Source\include\portable.h(251) :  DC201 (E) A header file does not exist ‘frconfig.h’
P:\FreeRTOSV7.3.0\FreeRTOS\Source\include\portable.h(259) :  DC201 (E) A header file does not exist ‘frconfig.h’
P:\FreeRTOSV7.3.0\FreeRTOS\Source\portable\MPLAB\PIC32MX\portmacro.h(73) :  DC201 (E) A header file does not exist ‘plib.h’
P:\FreeRTOSV7.3.0\FreeRTOS\Source\portable\IAR\AtmelSAM9XE\portmacro.h(73) :  DC201 (E) A header file does not exist ‘intrinsics.h’
P:\FreeRTOSV7.3.0\FreeRTOS\Source\portable\IAR\LPC2000\portmacro.h(73) :  DC201 (E) A header file does not exist ‘intrinsics.h’
P:\FreeRTOSV7.3.0\FreeRTOS\Source\portable\IAR\STR71x\portmacro.h(83) :  DC201 (E) A header file does not exist ‘intrinsics.h’
P:\FreeRTOSV7.3.0\FreeRTOS\Source\portable\IAR\STR75x\portmacro.h(83) :  DC201 (E) A header file does not exist ‘intrinsics.h’
P:\FreeRTOSV7.3.0\FreeRTOS\Source\portable\IAR\STR91x\portmacro.h(83) :  DC201 (E) A header file does not exist ‘intrinsics.h’
P:\FreeRTOSV7.3.0\FreeRTOS\Source\portable\IAR\ARM_CM3\portmacro.h(131) :  DC201 (E) A header file does not exist ‘intrinsics.h’
P:\FreeRTOSV7.3.0\FreeRTOS\Source\portable\GCC\PPC405_Xilinx\portmacro.h(72) :  DC201 (E) A header file does not exist ‘xexception_l.h’
P:\FreeRTOSV7.3.0\FreeRTOS\Source\portable\GCC\PPC440_Xilinx\portmacro.h(72) :  DC201 (E) A header file does not exist ‘xexception_l.h’

Regards,
Ratheesh

rtel wrote on Friday, December 28, 2012:

There does not seem much that can be done about those warnings.  They are part of the eccentricity of the compiler’s dependency scanner - which tries to scan files that are not dependencies because it ignores the pre-processor statements in the code. 

The dependency scan is not part of the compilation, you can ignore these warnings.

Regards.

Dear Richard,

Thank you,

Regards,
Ratheesh

HI,

Removing the unwanted files from FreeRTOSV7.3.0/FreeRTOS/Source/Portable solved the issue.

Regards,
Ratheesh

rtel wrote on Friday, December 28, 2012:

Yes, it would do, but doing that will also break the build for lots of other ports.  If you are only using the RX600 port it will be ok, but that is not a solution for distributing the FreeRTOS files that have to work with more than 30 other chips.  The Renesas compiler is the only compiler that does that.  Other dependency scanners ignore files that are not dependencies.

Regards.

Yes, currently I am using FreeRTOS only on RX600, But I have kept the downloaded original FreeRTOS folder as a backup from which I have taken a copy and edited it. :slight_smile:

Regards,
Ratheesh

rkn92 wrote on Wednesday, January 09, 2013:

HI,

In RX standard toolchain , go to Tool chain options and enable “skip dependency scan of non existent file” is removing those unwanted warnings :slight_smile:

Regards,
Ratheesh.K