Quick question from newbie

ulmus71 wrote on Saturday, October 08, 2011:

I am studying freertos to use in my project with PIC32MX.
I have newbie question:
how to do that after interupt i want run any task i want?
I have an interrupt from a hardware and i want just right after that interrupt to run specified task.
I know i can do that with semaphore, mutex, queue, but… it has to wait to timer tick and i want that task to run just after ISR routine has ended its job.
Is it possible to run specified task after ISR?

rtel wrote on Saturday, October 08, 2011:

Read the “Configuration and Usage” section on the following page, in particular, the “Interrupt service routines” sub section.  Note the use of the portEND_SWITCHING_ISR() macro.  There are also examples in the PIC32 demo of the main FreeRTOS download and in the PIC32 edition of the FreeRTOS tutorial book.

http://www.freertos.org/port_PIC32_MIPS_MK4.html

Regards.

Thanx for answer.
I just have written interrupt implementation of i2c and i have touchscreen controller interrupt driven. i must communicate with chip with interrupt driven state machine using i2c which is interrupt driven too:) :slight_smile: it would be easier if interrupt could be interrupted:) but thanx, after interrupt from chip i can give control to common task in not interrupt state that can be interrupted:):slight_smile:

edwards3 wrote on Saturday, October 08, 2011:

The PIC32 FreeRTOS port has full interrupt nesting support. Interrupts can interrupt other interrupts.

Thanx, now i know about assembly wrapper :slight_smile: