Problem with some demo tasks

nobody wrote on Wednesday, May 02, 2007:

Hello,
I am running FreeRTOS on an S12X processor using the HCS12 CodeWarrior Banked demo. Some tasks run fine, but when I include “vStartPolledQueueTasks( mainQUEUE_POLL_PRIORITY );” and “vStartBlockingQueueTasks( mainQUEUE_POLL_PRIORITY );” the program will never reach the point where the scheduler is started, there is some kind of an endless loop when creating these tasks. And when I add “vCreateSuicidalTasks( mainDEATH_PRIORITY );” the scheduler is started and tasks are running for a while but then LEDs stop blinking and there is again some endless loop… Unfortunately, source level debugging is impossible at this point since some source files will never open in NoICE (don’t know why). So if anyone has a possible explanation of the issue, I’d be very thankful!

Regards

Sorry for the topic, I sorted it out, was some stupid mistake of mine… You can delete the thread.

Most likely you are running out of heap and cannot create the tasks.  The scheduler start function will return if there is not enough heap to create the idle task.

Increase the configTOTAL_HEAP_SIZE in FreeRTOSConfg.h

nobody wrote on Thursday, May 10, 2007:

What did you do to solve this problem ? Please explain me.
Thanks