HCS12 and HCS12X unsupported port

egbox wrote on Tuesday, July 14, 2009:

I found on the unsupported ports a port for the HCS12 and HCS12X  using CodeWarrior  made by Ole Asbjørn Fadum.
File:  HCS12_HCS12X_CodeWarrior_OAF.zip

Is it possible to know if this port would run in the Freescale mc9s12xet256?

thanks

davedoors wrote on Wednesday, July 15, 2009:

No idea, but if the CPU core is the same then there is no reason why not, once the linker scripts have been adjusted.

stellabr wrote on Saturday, July 18, 2009:

Hi everyone…

I have have downloaded the latest version of FreeRTOS. i wanted to port it to HCS12X controller.
I found on the unsupported ports a port for the HCS12X using CodeWarrior made tried to unzip that file. It asks for some password.hence i am unable to use that port…anyone knows about the password or is there any other way to use this HCs12X port.

rtel wrote on Saturday, July 18, 2009:

I just tried opening the .zip file HCS12_HCS12X_CodeWarrior_OAF.zip from the FreeRTOS/Demo/Unsupported folder, and was not asked for a password.  Is this the file you are using?

Regards

stellabr wrote on Saturday, July 18, 2009:

Hi Richard, Thanks for replying.
Yes i am using the same zip file. 
The FreeRTOS  version i am using is FreeRTOSV5.4.0.
Can u please tell me how did u unzip it. and which is the Codewarrior version u are using because if i skip the password and unzip the file. I gat a partially unzipped folder. And when i later open the project under CodeWarrior V4.6, it says project cannot be opened.

rtel wrote on Saturday, July 18, 2009:

Seems to open ok in CodeWarrior for Microcontrollers V6.2 - doesn’t seem to build though.

Regards.

stellabr wrote on Saturday, August 08, 2009:

Hi everyone,

I tried to use the Freertos unsupported port for HCS12X. but i was not able to Make the project. Has anyone worked in this regard?