FreeRTOS+?

roujesky wrote on Thursday, February 13, 2014:

FreeRTOS+ is not really a different product is it? Am I right that FreeRTOS+ is libraries that I can drop into my project to add functionality?
I am starting a brand new project and will need TCPIP and may want HTTP Server functionality. If I understand, I can just buy those libraries and drop them in and go…
Is that correct?

BTW: I have finished a project for a printer using FreeRTOS and it is very successful – both technically and sales! Here it is:
http://www.neuralog.com/pages/neuralasercolor-2-printer.html

rtel wrote on Thursday, February 13, 2014:

FreeRTOS+ is a showcase of add on or complementary products that are designed to work with or can be used with FreeRTOS. Within the list of showcased products there are also a few which we develop ourselves which are actually called “FreeRTOS+”. For example, the training is a service which is available for FreeRTOS users, whereas FreeRTOS+UDP is a product which is provided by us directly. So in summary, it is not just a product, and the products and services shown in the showcase are provided by a variety of people.

As you mention TCP in particular, currently there are low cost pre-built libraries for a selection of targets. These are included in the FreeRTOS+ showcase for a couple of reasons:

1. As a low cost but high quality product it is worth bringing them to the attention of FreeRTOS users.

2. They are actually built with and run on top of FreeRTOS.

Regards.

roujesky wrote on Thursday, February 13, 2014:

Thanks for the clarification! As this project moves forward, I will investigate the add-ons.