FreeRTOS Group

dcgirish16 wrote on Thursday, November 01, 2012:

Hi Richard,
Is it OK to start a FreeRTOS group in Linkedin? there is already one group which I am trying to join but not getting response and I have seen comments from few others having the same issue.  is it OK if I can start a new group and use the FreeRTOS logo for that?

rtel wrote on Thursday, November 01, 2012:

I can’t prevent anybody starting a group, but personally I hate information being dispersed around the internet rather than concentrated centrally where the expertise is.  Forums are hard enough, people ask FreeRTOS questions on dozens of different forums around the internet - beats me why when they can get a quick answer from experts by using the free resource here.  I don’t want a linked in group to be just another place I have to view comments.

What do you see the linked in group providing that is not already available?  Is it something that could be provided on the FreeRTOS website somehow?

Regards.

dcgirish16 wrote on Friday, November 02, 2012:

Hi Richard,

I am really thankful for the quick response and solutions getting from this forum.
the idea was to have a group where there can be sharing of some ideas/suggestions or to discuss about the things that can make use of FreeRTOS.  Thought this source forge forum has been only to discuss core FreeRTOS issues.  I came across a few people in linkedin with vast experience interested in joining. Hence I thought of this.

rtel wrote on Friday, November 02, 2012:

If you know of something that can be added to the main FreeRTOS site that would allow additional participation in the way you want, then let me know.

I have looked a few times at moving the forum to the FreeRTOS site too, but the administration overhead of installing and maintaining forum software is not insignificant and in recent years I have been actively looking to outsource hosting of web infrastructure.  Ideally there would be an externally hosted/administered forum that looked to Google like it was part of the FreeRTOS.org site, so Google could index it to ensure people could search old posts easily.

Regards.

dcgirish16 wrote on Saturday, November 03, 2012:

OK Richard, Thanks.