FREERTOS DEMO with PIC32MX795F512L

tronicals wrote on Saturday, October 27, 2012:

Hi,

I am using the ethernet STK from microship. I’d like to run the demo  from RTOS. It compiles and programs well  but it seems i Can’t get my UART2 running. Comtest.c should send something to my UART but nothing is sent.

Also in the demo area on freertos is mentioned:
Note the PIC32MX795 demo does not include the serial port test tasks.

Someone knows what I have to do to make it work?

My three leds are blibkng thou

rtel wrote on Saturday, October 27, 2012:

If I recall correctly, the demo contains build configurations for four different PIC32 chips.  Two are the first generation chips, and two the second generation.  The interrupt mechanism differs between the two, and the UART driver provided supports the first generation method so does not work with the second generation chips like the 795.

I can’t quite remember what the difference was, but I think it has to do with when the interrupt has to be cleared.  I think on the second generation chips the interrupt has to be cleared as the first line in the interrupt handler.

This topic came up quite a few times a year or more ago.  You might find some answers in the support forum archive:

http://www.freertos.org/FreeRTOS_Support_Forum_Archive/freertos_support_forum_archive_index.html

Regards.