Exporting memory to a dump file using eclipse

juhc wrote on Tuesday, June 09, 2015:

Hello,
I’m new at FreeRTOS and I’m working with Eclipse Luna for C/C++ on PC with windows 8. I’ve imported the FreeRTOS Demo Project as described and everything worked fine.
Now I want to see the trace recording of the demo. I’ve installed FreeRTOS+Trace but I don’t know how to export the memory to a dump file so I can open it with FreeRTOS+Trace. The memory view in eclipse doesn’t show any data.
Any idea how to do this?
Thanks

rtel wrote on Tuesday, June 09, 2015:

The top right of the memory window has a row of icon/buttons. One of those icons is “1010” with an arrow pointing up at to the right - hover over it and it says “Export” - press it and you can define a region of RAM and a file name you would like to save the RAM too. You should be able to use the name of the trace recorder buffer variable as the start address, and just make the size much bigger than it needs to be (as the +Trace tool will know where the start and end are).

Regards.

juhc wrote on Tuesday, June 09, 2015:

Thank you for your answer.
I tried to do that but I can’t press the icon because it is deactivated and I don’t know how to activate it.

juhc wrote on Wednesday, June 10, 2015:

The problem was because the debug session was not active.
Thank you for helping

xz8987f wrote on Tuesday, June 09, 2015:

How this looks like is shown here:

If that button is disabled: are you in an active debug session?

Another way is to use the gdb dump command, see http://mcuoneclipse.com/2015/01/05/updated-percepio-tracealyzer-and-trace-library-to-version-v2-7-0/

Or: if you are using a Segger J-Link, then the Percepio Tracealizer can directly read from the target using the J-Link.

Regards,
Erich