Don't Link library of FreeRTos with project

brunostb wrote on Monday, December 10, 2012:

Hello, all

I don’t need link the library of FreeRtos with my project in LPC18xx. I have Red Suite 4.

Anyone, Could send a project empty with LPC1850 and FreeRtos for me see that can is wrong in my project?

Thanks

rtel wrote on Monday, December 10, 2012:

Sorry, your question is not clear, but if you are wanting to run FreeRTOS then are you aware that Red Suite has a FreeRTOS wizard that will create the project for you?

I am running FreeRTOS on an LPC1830 with LPCXpresso (a cut down version of Red Suite) without any problems.

Regards.

No, I don’t know about this FreeRtos wizard.

Could you tell about FreeRtos wizard for me create it?

jdurand wrote on Monday, December 10, 2012:

Has that been improved?  I haven’t looked at the wizard for quite some time and it used to set up for an old version of FreeRTOS.  I wound up creating a functioning project from an example in the FreeRTOS zip, tweaking that, and then using that as the basis for new projects.

Not exactly turn-key, but easier than a lot of things.

That’s what I can not do. I can not get a demo example for other projects eg using lpc1769 and modify the library to work with lpc1850. I can not make these adjustments. What can I do?

What I do is create a new C job (semi-hosting without actually hosting if I’m using any printf type calls) and then copy the folder structure for FreeRTOS over to the new jobs.  I then check/tweak the search locations since Eclipse/Code Red isn’t good about getting these right, especially if there’s been a Code Red update or you access the project from more than one computer.

I just think of this as normal overhead in setting up a job, have to do similar things with CAD systems and other development software.

rtel wrote on Monday, December 10, 2012:

http://www.freertos.org/Creating-a-new-FreeRTOS-project.html may help.

Regards.

I forgot to mention, at least with the version I’m using (LPCXpresso v4.3.0, FreeRTOS v7.2.0) I also have to edit the cr_startup*.c file to fix the handlers.

brunostb wrote on Tuesday, December 11, 2012:

Now, the error is: undefined reference to `xTaskGenericCreate’

Still, don’t get make the project correctly  work .

davedoors wrote on Tuesday, December 11, 2012:

Is your project building tasks.c?
Is task.h in the project include path?

Yes, sure.

Yes.

I Don’t know that is mistake in project.

I think that can be else thing. But I don’t know that it.