Differences between FreeRTOS code from freertos.org and FreeRTOS code generated with CubeMX

cleverjack wrote on Thursday, July 30, 2015:

FreeRTOS 8.2.1
IAR EWARM on WIN8.1

There seem to be many differences between FreeRTOS code generated with CubeMX, and FreeRTOS code examples downloaded from freertos.org

I use the “Practical Guide” and Example code from freertos.org, but have to modify many things, like function names, IDs and so on.

To /* Start thread 1 / FreeRTOS code generated with CubeMX uses:
LEDThread1Handle = osThreadCreate(osThread(LED1), NULL);
And for /
Start scheduler */
osKernelStart();

While

For /* Create the other task in exactly the same way. / FreeRTOS code examples downloaded from freertos.org uses:
xTaskCreate( vTask2, “Task 2”, 240, NULL, 1, NULL );
and for /
Start the scheduler so our tasks start executing. */
vTaskStartScheduler();

Is there a better way to do this?
Is there a Reference / User’s manual for the CubeMX FreeRTOS code?

Do I just work through downloaded CubeFx examples like
…\STM32Cube_FW_F0_V1.2.0\Projects\STM32F072B-Discovery\Applications\FreeRTOS\FreeRTOS_ThreadCreation\Src

I did sign up on STM Forum STe2eCommunities, but perhaps you can point me to some additional information.

Any help appreciated

rtel wrote on Thursday, July 30, 2015:

The STM32cube software uses an abstraction layer on top of FreeRTOS. FreeRTOS is being built into the cube examples, and you can use the native FreeRTOS API (which will be more efficient and more powerful) in the normal way in applications that use STM32cube - just remember to include FreeRTOS.h and the header files for any API functions you want at the top of the source files.