Arduino (AVR) FreeRTOS Repository

feilipu wrote on Wednesday, March 02, 2016:

For reference, I’ve edited a very minimal FreeRTOS edition for the AVR architecture that can shim into the Arduino IDE as a normal library. It supports all of the classic Arduino boards.

I’ve written an overview of Arduino FreeRTOS on my site, covering how this was done, without compromising the “Arduino feeling”.

The library can be found by searching for “Contributed” and “Timing” under the Arduino IDE Library Manager, or directly downloaded from Github Arduino_FreeRTOS_Library . The most recent release (as of writing) is v8.2.3-9.

I hope that it is useful as a tool for getting hardware drivers going quickly under the Arduino IDE, and to remember just how light-weight FreeRTOS can be when needed.

I’ve written an introductory article on Hackser.ioUsing FreeRTOS in multi-tasking Arduino”.

It would be good if this (or something like this) can support people getting started with FreeRTOS.

Enjoy - Phillip

rtel wrote on Wednesday, March 02, 2016:

This looks great - I would be grateful if you could post a link in the FreeRTOS interactive site http://interactive.freertos.org

Thanks for your efforts and for sharing.

feilipu wrote on Wednesday, March 02, 2016:

Done.