Yat refuses to connect for FreeRTOS+CLI

trob76 wrote on Monday, September 14, 2015:

I am trying the next step for the demo FreeRTOS+TCP and FreeRTOS+FAT. At the bottom of the build page is a link to FreeRTOS+CLI. The instructions say to open Yat and use RTOSDemo as the remote host. This doesn’t work for me. It errors saying remote host name or address is not invalid. I feel I am using the tool wrong.

I am able to ping RTOSDemo and I see that I am starting the CLI Task.

I am not sure what to do now. Please help.

heinbali01 wrote on Tuesday, September 15, 2015:

What platform are you using?
What is you setup, what is running where?

I am trying the next step

What previous steps have you done already? Did those steps go well?

Regards.

trob76 wrote on Thursday, September 17, 2015:

I was trying the FreeRTOS+TCP Zynq demo. The first step was to build and run the demo. At he end of the instructions it wants you to ping the RTOSDemo host name, which I did. This ping is to the ZC702 eval board running the demo (see link below).
http://www.freertos.org/FreeRTOS-Plus/FreeRTOS_Plus_TCP/TCPIP_FAT_Examples_Xilinx_Zynq.html

The “next step” in my question refers to the link at the bottom of the page.

It appears that this link discribe a demo running locally. YAT wants to connect to the demo on a local host. I, on the other hand, am interested in the Zynq HW.

My goal is to understand the UDP protocol implementation and to create a UDP xmit bang loop on the ZC702. I assumed I could create and register a CLI command that does this. Also, I need a receiver process that runs on the local pc. I was trying to use YAT and see that Yat will not be appropriate. This was an attempt to measure the UDP xfer speed in an all-out process (max speed). It also would help me understand how to emit UDP packets from the ZC702.

I do not see a simple way to do this and my understanding of the FreeRTOS+TCP is still superficial.

A dumb UDP reciever and documentation for FreeRTOS+TCP and FreeRTOS+CLI may help me.

rtel wrote on Friday, September 18, 2015:

If you are able to ping the Zynq target by typing “ping RTOSDemo”, then you should also be able to send data using YAT by entering “RTOSDemo” in the Remote Host box when creating a new YAT connection. See the attached.

A dumb UDP reciever and documentation for FreeRTOS+TCP and FreeRTOS+CLI may help me.

Simple UDP examples are described on the following links, the source code is in the labs download and used by the Win32 example:

FreeRTOS+CLI documentation is on the following links, and there are many examples in the FreeRTOS download:

trob76 wrote on Friday, September 18, 2015:

I am able to ping RTOSDemo. I cannot set the remote host of YAT to RTOSDemo. I have the correct port number. YAT new terminal looks like you image.
The pulldown for remote host is only and IPv4/6 localhost. Typing RTOSDemo in the edit box produces popup error “Remote host name or address is invalid!”.
Hercules says “UDP socket created”. but CLI still is not appearing.
vStartUDPCommandInterpreterTask is called and I can step through the vApplicationIPNetworkEventHook without error.

trob76 wrote on Friday, September 18, 2015:

socketSOCKET_IS_BOUND returns error

rtel wrote on Friday, September 18, 2015:

If YAT will not accept RTOSDemo as a host name, then try entering the IP
address. You will see the IP address when you ping the target (which is
working).

rseedle wrote on Saturday, August 06, 2016:

Try changing the line: #define configNETWORK_INTERFACE_TO_USE XX
in the file: FressRTOSConfig.h
Where XX is one of the line numbers that are displayed by the command line interface. Try all of the numbers one at a time(rebuilding the executible each time) until one of them starts replying. Some of my numbers did not work also. So try the other numbers.