Where is FreeRTOS+IO source & header?

anonymous wrote on Friday, September 06, 2013:

Hi,
FreeRTOS+IO licence page says that FreeRTOS+IO is free to download and use under GPL but I can not seem to find the sources or header either in the download page or “\FreeRTOSV7.5.2\FreeRTOS-Plus\Source\FreeRTOS-Plus-IO” folder.

Thanks
Ashwin

anonymous wrote on Friday, September 06, 2013:

Just wanted to update that I am working with an STM32F103 port.

davedoors wrote on Friday, September 06, 2013:

The source files are in the demo
http://www.freertos.org/FreeRTOS-Plus/FreeRTOS_Plus_IO/Download_FreeRTOS_Plus_IO.shtml

ashwinvijay wrote on Saturday, September 07, 2013:

Hi davedoor,
Thanks for the reply. This demo is for LPC17xx controllers but I am working on STM32F103, are the sources available for other processors? If yes, are they free or will we get the sources when we purchase the license?

If the sources are not available for STM32F103, is there a guide to help port FreeRTOS_IO on this platform?

Thanks
Ashwin

rtel wrote on Saturday, September 07, 2013:

‘Off the shelf’ code is only available for the LPC17xx, but creating code for the STM32 should not be a problem as you have their peripheral driver library as a base to start from.

Regards.

ashwinvijay wrote on Saturday, September 07, 2013:

Richard,
Is there a porting guide to help me get started?

rtel wrote on Saturday, September 07, 2013:

Unfortunately not as each port is quite architecture specific.  The API and transaction mode descriptions tell you what the code has to actually do, and you can look at the LPC17xx port layer to see how it links into the core +IO code.

Regards.