What are the minimum hardware configuration requirements for FreeRTOS?

What are the minimum hardware configuration requirements for FreeRTOS?
My hardware configuration:Cortex M0,33MHz,64K Flash,8kSRAM,
Can I run this FreeRTOS? I want to transplant the past program to the system
this is my original Program Size: Code=26402 RO-data=482 RW-data=648 ZI-data=1464

thanks!

The main limitation on running on smaller platforms is the size of the application code and its ram requirements. While it is possible on an EXTREMELY small application for the overhead of FreeRTOS to make a difference, I have never seen it actually affect a real application.

8k of RAM is small, but not so small as to make it impossible to write a program to fit. You will be somewhat limited in how many tasks you can split your program into.

64k flash is enough that the requirements of FreeRTOS are mostly ignorable for this, it will be your application that gets too big to fit, not FreeRTOS.

Note, the “size” of the Hex file isn’t a great measure of how much flash the program will use. First, it takes several characters for each byte of memory (2 for the value in hex, but record overhead) but the image might have “holes” that skip chunks of memory, making it take more.

Really (really) old example running in 2K of RAM :wink: Although this predominantly uses co-routines rather than tasks. Since which co-routines were deprecated.

this is my original Program Size: Code=26402 RO-data=482 RW-data=648 ZI-data=1464