vTaskNotifyGiveFromISR, start time of blocked task

Hello,

I am using a notification for tasks, and everything seems fine. But I have a question, how long is it between the vTaskNotifyGiveFromISR notification until the blocked task starts?

I am doing a CDC communication with a task to verify the coming data, this task is blocked by ulTaskNotifyTake (pdTRUE, portMAX_DELAY) and vTaskNotifyGiveFromISR unlocks on interrupt of received CDC data. I need the time between notification and task start to be fast.

If you are using the xHigherPriorityTaskWoken parameter correctly to cause a context switch in the interrupt handler itself, and the task you unblocked with the task notification is the higher priority task in the system, then the interrupt will return directly to the unblocked task. If you don’t use the xHigherPriorityTaskWoken parameter correctly then the context switch won’t happen until the next tick interrupt. If the task unblocked is not the highest priority task ready to run then it will not run until it is as per the normal scheduling algorithm.

Thank you for the answer.