vTaskDelete not deleting the task until setup() or main() call delete

Hi.
I was working in my personal project with ESP32 TTGO T-Display until I stumbled over a problem.
I isolated it and got to know it better, so at this point I think it’s a bug of the library FreeRTOS.

I wanted to have task priority, timer to do the task, and twice this, each in one core. So I ended up creating a task in setup() to run once and program a timer on core 1 and the same for core 0. It works perfectly.
This (each) timer then calls a function (the IRAM_ATTR) that calls the task (pinned to core) I want to call every 1 second, for say. Here I set the priority of this timed function, it seems to work.
The problem is that in the end of this timed task, vTaskDelete doesn’t seem to delete the task and free the resources (I know, it has to have some idle time, but keep up with me). It runs 23 times with a stack size of 10000 words each. Then the xTaskCreatePinnedToCore just returns -1, which is “not enough memory to create the task”.
The solution I could find is to (just once) do a vTaskDelete(of that task). Then after this instruction, the program can execute that task indefinite amount of times. Other solution was to place a vTaskDelete(that timed task) after the task that program the timer in setup().
Here is the code without things that I commented to isolate the problem.

void setup(void)
{
  Serial.begin(115200);
xTaskCreatePinnedToCore(

attachInterruptDisplay,   /* Function to implement the task */

"attachInterruptDisplay", /* Name of the task */

10000,                    /* Stack size in words */

NULL,                     /* Task input parameter */

1,                        /* Priority of the task */

&attachInterrupt_Display, /* Task handle. */

1);                       /* Core where the task should run */
vTaskDelete(Core_1);  //this uncommented XOR that one in the loop uncommented

}

void attachInterruptDisplay(void *parametro) //core 1

{

hw_timer_t *timer1 = NULL;

timer1 = timerBegin(0, 80, true);

timerAttachInterrupt(timer1, &GoCore1, true);

timerAlarmWrite(timer1, 100000, true);

timerAlarmEnable(timer1);

vTaskDelete(attachInterrupt_Display);

} void IRAM_ATTR GoCore1()
{
  xTaskCreatePinnedToCore( // função do core 1

Core1,               /* Function to implement the task */

"Core1",             /* Name of the task */

10000,               /* Stack size in words */

NULL,                /* Task input parameter */

2,                   /* Priority of the task */

&Core_1,             /* Task handle. */

1);                  /* Core where the task should run */
}

void Core1(void *parameter)

{
  debug(String(breakpoint));
  breakpoint++;
  vTaskDelete(Core_1);
}

void debug(String estado)
{
#ifdef DEBUG_CORE0
  if (xPortGetCoreID() == 0)
{
    Serial.println();
    Serial.println("CORE0: " + estado + String(" ") + String(millis()));
  }
#endif

#ifdef DEBUG_CORE1
  if (xPortGetCoreID() == 1)
  {
    Serial.print("CORE1: " + estado + String(" ") + String(millis()) + String(" | "));
  }
#endif
}

bool umavez = false;

void loop()

{

if ((millis() > 7000) && (umavez == false))

{

umavez = true;

debug("umavez");
    //vTaskDelete(Core_1); //this uncommented XOR that one in the setup() uncommented
  }
}

I’m not following your explanation exactly, but some comments that may help:

1. First, you are using a dual core version of the code provided by Espressif, not our code, so I am not familiar with the inner workings. In our version if a task deletes itself then its stack and task control block get deleted by the idle task. If a task deletes another task then the stack and task control block are deleted immediately (unless you are using an old version of FreeRTOS). In no case will deleting a task delete any resources the task allocated for itself.

2. It sounds like you are repeatedly creating and deleting a task. That is very rarely a good thing to do - in fact I’m not sure it is ever a good thing to do. Consider a different design approach, maybe just by having the task in a loop that waits to be told to start again.

3. If you do need to repeatedly create and delete tasks but after a while the tasks cannot be created then either the resources used by the task are not being freed and you are running out of memory, or the memory is getting fragmented. Fragmentation is unlikely if you keep creating and deleting a task with the same stack size as it will keep using the same memory. In other cases, consider using heap_4 as that includes memory coalescing: FreeRTOS - Memory management options for the FreeRTOS small footprint, professional grade, real time kernel (scheduler)

Thank you for your response.
I will indeed use a different approach, I was just progressively going towards the goal.
In fact I’ll try to use deep sleep with a timer to wake it up. Then the functions.
And thanks for your suggestions, I’m quite new to RTOS, so I don’t really know good practices.