I’m using Xilinx SDK 15.2 and there are some minor issues when using the repository to create a BSP on Linux.
First, CreateRepoDirectoryStructure.bat doesn’t work on Linux but it’s easy enough to change .bat to .sh, replace copy with cp, and switch the direction of the slashes.
After including the repository and creating the BSP the build failed. It complains that arm-none-eabi-* commands do not exist. I noticed that Makefile, Makefile_dep, and makefile_ps7_cortexa9 contain the following.
ARCH_PREFIX = arm-none-eabi # # gnu tools for Makefile # CC = $(ARCH_PREFIX)-gcc AS = arm-none-as AR = $(ARCH_PREFIX)-ar CP = cp
I changed the ARCH_PREFIX and AS to use arm-xilinx-eabi and everything built but I have not yet linked and tried the application (I wanted to submit this before going home for the weekend). It’s been a while since I wrote a fancy makefile but I thought there was a way to inherit ARCH_PREFIX because it is passed explicitly as arm-xilinx.eabi to the top level make file.
Also the file *.s is created under src. I think this may be because there are no lower case .s files so the following expands to literally *.s on Linux. On windows it probably duplicates the files but I’m not sure.
KERNEL_AR_OBJS = *.c *.S *.s