Unable to get the FreeRtosconfig.h and portmacro.h in the FreeRtos folder

In the latest FreeRTOS V2021112.00, I am not getting the freertosconfig.h and portmacro.h

Hi @sourmyaims,

Could you be more specific as to where you cannot find these files?

If you are using WinSim and running the FreeRTOS-Plus demos, we’ve migrated the FreeRTOSConfig.h to here FreeRTOS/FreeRTOS-Plus/VisualStudio_StaticProjects/FreeRTOS-Kernel at main · FreeRTOS/FreeRTOS · GitHub. This is a result of the change to build demos using Visual Studio static projects - a consequence of this is that all Visual Studio demos that include the FreeRTOS-Kernel static project use the same FreeRTOSConfig.h.

The portmacro.h files exist within the FreeRTOS-Kernel under the portable folder and corresponding architecture folder (see FreeRTOS-Kernel/portmacro.h at main · FreeRTOS/FreeRTOS-Kernel · GitHub for an example), and the FreeRTOS-Kernel is submoduled into FreeRTOS at FreeRTOS/Source (see FreeRTOS/FreeRTOS at main · FreeRTOS/FreeRTOS · GitHub).

For your information, there have been other problems encountered with the V202211.00 release and it has been rolled back for the time being, but please do let me know what you are trying to do that cannot find these files.

Hi Jason,

Thank you so much for the response. The link that you shared for FreertosConfig.h and portmacro.h worked for me in the kernel version V10.4.6. Now I can able to create the freertos library.I created the library. I need one demo application to run on Microsoft Visual studio 19 to use the library.

Regards,

Soumya

Hi Jason,

I am using visual studio 19. While building our application, I am facing linker issue related to port apis which should be in port.c file. But there are lot of variants of port.c . I need the generic file of port .c or please let me know the port.c for x86_64 Visual studio windows  architecture in kernel 10.4.6 version.

Thanks,

Soumya

The pages that describes the directory strucutre, how to create a new project, and the free to download book, will point you at the correct file - but why not use one of the existing Win32 projects as a starting point or reference?