System cannot find EventGroupsDemo.c in Demo full build

It is the first time I tried to build FreeRTOS demo in FreedomStudio. I downloaded FreeRTOSv202111.00 and imported RISC-V-Qemu-sifive_e-Eclipse-GCC project to FreedomStudio. I found it failed in system cannot find EventGroupsDemo.c. I have checked the folder name and file name. I don’t see any problem. Can you tell me if there are some setup required?

5:12 **** Incremental Build of configuration Debug for project RTOSDemo
make -j16 all
process_begin: CreateProcess(NULL, echo “Building file: C:/RiscV/FreeRTOSv202111.00/FreeRTOS/Demo/Common/Minimal/EventGroupsDemo.c”, …) failed.
make (e=2): The system cannot find the file specified.

make: *** [full_demo/standard_demo_tasks/subdir.mk:33: full_demo/standard_demo_tasks/EventGroupsDemo.o] Error 2
“make -j16 all” terminated with exit code 2. Build might be incomplete.

11:35:13 Build Failed. 1 errors, 0 warnings. (took 617ms)

I found the project to build with no errors or warnings when using a clean FreedomStudio workspace and a clean checkout of FreeRTOS 202111.00. See the attached.

Which version of FreedomStudio are you using?
Did you ensure the “copy files into workspace” check box was not checked when importing the project into FreedomStudio?

[couldn’t attach the file as .txt files are not permitted, but here is the start of the output:

13:21:09 **** Build of configuration Debug for project RTOSDemo ****
make -j8 all 
'Building file: C:/Temp/FreeRTOS_clean/FreeRTOS/Demo/Common/Minimal/TaskNotify.c'
'Building file: C:/Temp/FreeRTOS_clean/FreeRTOS/Demo/Common/Minimal/EventGroupsDemo.c'
'Building file: C:/Temp/FreeRTOS_clean/FreeRTOS/Demo/Common/Minimal/blocktim.c'
'Building file: C:/Temp/FreeRTOS_clean/FreeRTOS/Demo/Common/Minimal/TimerDemo.c'
'Building file: C:/Temp/FreeRTOS_clean/FreeRTOS/Demo/Common/Minimal/recmutex.c'
'Building file: C:/Temp/FreeRTOS_clean/FreeRTOS/Demo/Common/Minimal/dynamic.c'
'Building file: ../full_demo/main_full.c'
'Building file: ../full_demo/RegTest.S'
'Invoking: Cross GCC Compiler'
riscv64-unknown-elf-gcc -DDONT_USE_PLIC -DDONT_USE_M_TIME -I"C:\Temp\FreeRTOS_clean\FreeRTOS\Demo\RISC-V-Qemu-sifive_e-Eclipse-GCC" -I"C:\Temp\FreeRTOS_clean\FreeRTOS\Demo\Common\include" -I"C:\Temp\FreeRTOS_clean\FreeRTOS\Demo\RISC-V-Qemu-sifive_e-Eclipse-GCC\freedom-e-sdk\env" -I"C:\Temp\FreeRTOS_clean\FreeRTOS\Demo\RISC-V-Qemu-sifive_e-Eclipse-GCC\freedom-e-sdk\include" -I"C:\Temp\FreeRTOS_clean\FreeRTOS\Demo\RISC-V-Qemu-sifive_e-Eclipse-GCC\freedom-e-sdk\env\freedom-e300-hifive1" -I"C:\Temp\FreeRTOS_clean\FreeRTOS\Source\include" -I"C:\Temp\FreeRTOS_clean\FreeRTOS\Source\portable\GCC\RISC-V" -O0 -g3 -Wall -Wextra -c -fmessage-length=0 -march=rv32imac -mabi=ilp32 -mcmodel=medlow -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections --specs=nano.specs -fno-builtin-printf  -Wno-unused-parameter -MMD -MP -MF"full_demo/standard_demo_tasks/EventGroupsDemo.d" -MT"full_demo/standard_demo_tasks/EventGroupsDemo.o" -o "full_demo/standard_demo_tasks/EventGroupsDemo.o" "C:/Temp/FreeRTOS_clean/FreeRTOS/Demo/Common/Minimal/EventGroupsDemo.c"
riscv64-unknown-elf-gcc -DDONT_USE_PLIC -DDONT_USE_M_TIME -I"C:\Temp\FreeRTOS_clean\FreeRTOS\Demo\RISC-V-Qemu-sifive_e-Eclipse-GCC" -I"C:\Temp\FreeRTOS_clean\FreeRTOS\Demo\Common\include" -I"C:\Temp\FreeRTOS_clean\FreeRTOS\Demo\RISC-V-Qemu-sifive_e-Eclipse-GCC\freedom-e-sdk\env" -I"C:\Temp\FreeRTOS_clean\FreeRTOS\Demo\RISC-V-Qemu-sifive_e-Eclipse-GCC\freedom-e-sdk\include" -I"C:\Temp\FreeRTOS_clean\FreeRTOS\Demo\RISC-V-Qemu-sifive_e-Eclipse-GCC\freedom-e-sdk\env\freedom-e300-hifive1" -I"C:\Temp\FreeRTOS_clean\FreeRTOS\Source\include" -I"C:\Temp\FreeRTOS_clean\FreeRTOS\Source\portable\GCC\RISC-V" -O0 -g3 -Wall -Wextra -c -fmessage-length=0 -march=rv32imac -mabi=ilp32 -mcmodel=medlow -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections --specs=nano.specs -fno-builtin-printf  -Wno-unused-parameter -MMD -MP -MF"full_demo/standard_demo_tasks/TaskNotify.d" -MT"full_demo/standard_demo_tasks/TaskNotify.o" -o "full_demo/standard_demo_tasks/TaskNotify.o" "C:/Temp/FreeRTOS_clean/FreeRTOS/Demo/Common/Minimal/TaskNotify.c"

]

My FreedomStudio version is 4.18.0.2021-04-1

That is the same version I am using. Note my other comment though - when importing the project you must ensure “copy project into workspace” is not checked.

Yes, “copy project into workspace” is not checked.

If you double click on EventGroupsDemo.c from the eclipse explorer window, does it open the file, or can it not find it?

Demo/Common/Minimal folder is not in eclipse Project Explorer window. So I cannot find EventGroupDemo.c in eclipse project explorer window.

See the attached image. If you don’t have this file in your project explorer then something is very wrong as it should be shown whether the file exists or not. It is hard to suggest anything else as, per previous post, I can open and build the project successfully when using the same Freedom Studio as you and a clean installation of FreeRTOS.