STR9 GCC port

slawc wrote on Friday, January 25, 2008:

Does anyone have GCC port of FreeRTOS for STR9?

sotd wrote on Friday, January 25, 2008:

I dont but did you see this page http://www.freertos.org/porting-a-freertos-demo-to-different-hardware.html?

slawc wrote on Friday, January 25, 2008:

Yes I know about that. The problem is, that FreeRTOS has grown to the point that inconsistencies between various ports are becoming very annoying.

You can find common points for LPC2000 and LPC23xx but STR9 and STR7 are completely different.

stf12 wrote on Friday, January 25, 2008:

You can find another interesting article (and code sample) here:

http://www.intilinux.com/embedded/530/using-open-source-tools-for-str7xx-cross-development-2/

In the zip archive you find documentation and samples code to use GCC and Eclipse for both STR7xx and STR91x.

I’m interested on this topic too, but I can’t work on it at the moment.
I’ll post in this forum when I’ll have any news.

rtel wrote on Friday, January 25, 2008:

I don’t think there are too many differences between the existing IAR STR7 and STR9 ports.

Differences include:

1) The peripheral used to generate the RTOS tick.
2) The place at which the context is saved and restored.

I think the STR9 and STR750 demos use the method whereby there is a common IRQ entry point that saves the context, calls the code to service the interrupt (dependent on the interrupting peripheral), then restores the task context.  The STR7 using the other method whereby interrupt vector directly to the peripheral handler code, and the handler code can then choose whether or not to save/restore the context.  This is done differently deliberately to demonstrate to two methods.

I now stock a range of low cost hardware, one of which is an STR9 board.  It is my intention to provide Eclipse/GCC demos for each of these, but this is going to take a little time.

Regards.

ben_fnr wrote on Wednesday, January 30, 2008:

I have got FreeRTOS running under GCC if anyone is interested. There are none of the demos as I ported it for a custom board. It is mostly a port of the IAR version with the exception that it can use any of the 4 timers available (set via #define in FreeRTOSConfig.h)

sachindbhujbal wrote on Friday, May 02, 2008:

Dear Ben how can I get GCC port for STR9XX. Please reply as early as possible.

stf12 wrote on Monday, May 05, 2008:

Dear Ben,
is possible to have more information about your port?

If it is possible, how can I get it?

Best regard,
Stefano