Servicepack Upgrade through OTA

Hi,

I am using Amazon FreeRTOS 202107, FreeRTOS Kernel V10.4.3, AWS IoT Over-the-air Update v3.0.0 in my application.

I would like to know if it is possible to Upgrade servicepack using present OTA v3.0.0. If yes, can you please let me know how you would be committing the latest servicepack. Also please provide the relevant details.

Regards,
Sai Jnaneswar.

Can you elaborate on what you mean by ServicePack? Are you asking if you can update the firmware of another MCU?

Hi @aggarg

ServicePack is a binary for network processor that is provided by TI for CC3220SF. When flasing the device using the Uniflash tool, we provide the servicepack binary file as well.

Please refer to the following link to get more information on Servicepack.
https://software-dl.ti.com/ecs/SIMPLELINK_CC32XX_SDK/3_20_00_06/exports/tools/cc32xx_tools/servicepack-cc3x20/README.html

Thanks,
Sai Jnaneswar

Thank you for the details. You can use the File Type property of the job document as described here, to differentiate the firmware for the network processor. How to program the received firmware to the network processor after receiving it, depends on the hardware and you should check with TI about how to do that.

Thanks.