RH850/F1KM-S4 Free RTOS Support

Hi every one,

I am working on RH850/F1KM-S4 family micro controller, i need free RTOS files for this micro controller.
Can anybody help me to get Free RTOS files for this micro controller.

Thanks & Regards,
Srikanth.L

Here is a [very old!] port to the V850, which is the closest we have. The V850 was the NEC processor that Renesas reworked to become the RH850 after their acquisition (or merger?) with NEC. It will need some work as no doubt to tools used to create the project will no longer be the same and the processor will no doubt have changed a little. There are others who have got the port working on the RH850 and you may find their work elsewhere in the forum, on the FreeRTOS interactive site, or just somewhere on the web: https://freertos.org/NEC-V850-RTOS.html

Hi,

Thank you for replay, Can you please help me with changing the V850 porting files to RH850/F1KM-S4.

Thanks & Regards,
Srikanth.L

That would take me a long time as I would have to dig out the respective manuals to find the differences, then update the code, test, etc. However if you were able to find code already posted with the updates, which I believe exists somewhere as this topic has come up before, or if you were to research the differences between the two parts and let us know here, we would be happy to advice what to do.

I want to research the differences between the two parts, please help me.
And if you can provide related links to get the more information related to this topic it will helps me a lot.

Start with the reference manuals for the two parts. Hopefully the RHx manual will tell you what the differences are, or an application note somewhere will, otherwise you will need to manually look for differences in the register sets and instructions.

Hi,

I have added the V850 porting files to my project and compiled, i got few errors related to timer configuration for scheduling. I changed the timer configuration with RH850 OS timer. Now i have left with ZERO errors.
Does it works or do i need to change any thing other than this?

Best Regards,
Srikanth.L

If you are asking me, then I’m not sure how I would know if I’m not familiar with the differences between the two chips. As per prior replies, you really need to find out what the differences are.