LPc18xx EMAC with LPCOpen

koenvda wrote on Thursday, February 16, 2017:

Hi,

I’m implementing FreeRTOS plus UDP on a LPC1830. As the network interface i want to use the LPCOpen Library which are include in the FreeRTOS-Plus-UDP lib. But i am struggling to use the lpc18xx_43xx_EMAC_LPCOpen files error free in the project. Is there a guide or maybe a new demo because the include demo is using the CMSISv2.10 DriverLib.

Koen Van der Aa

heinbali01 wrote on Friday, February 17, 2017:

Hi Koen,
FreeRTOS-Plus-UDP receives less of our attention because it has been replaced/upgraded by the more complete FreeRTOS+TCP.
It comes with a LPC18xx driver (NetworkInterface.c) that should work well. You can download the demo FreeRTOS_Plus_TCP_and_CLI_LPC1830_CrossWorks_LPCXpresso and see how the project is setup.

If you find problem with that solution, please let it know.

koenvda wrote on Friday, February 17, 2017:

Hi Hein,

Thanks for the reaction but where can i find the demo project?

heinbali01 wrote on Friday, February 17, 2017:

You can download the FreeRTOS+TCP sources from http://www.freertos.org/FreeRTOS-Plus/FreeRTOS_Plus_TCP/index.html

You will find the demo in FreeRTOS-Plus/Demo/FreeRTOS_Plus_TCP_and_CLI_LPC1830_CrossWorks_LPCXpresso

The latest kernel is included in the ZIP file. Or you can use any of the newer kernels, 8.2 or higher.

koenvda wrote on Friday, February 17, 2017:

If i donwload the sources there is no LPC1830 demo inside it. There are only TCP and FAT demos but not for the LPC1830. I don’t see the TCP and CLI files.

heinbali01 wrote on Saturday, February 18, 2017:

Oops, you’re right!
It has not been added to the ZIP. I’m not sure for what reason.
Would you mind to send me an email ( h point tibosch (at) freertos point org ), then I’ll send you the demo project and help you get through it. I do have an LPCXpresso board, but it’s been a while that I tested mentioned demo. Regards.