LPC1768 demo in a 1766 board

fdvalenzuela wrote on Monday, November 02, 2009:

I am considering purchasing a LPC1766 based development board from Olimex, and I was wondering if any of the Web Server examples (e.g. http://www.freertos.org/LPC1768_RedSuite.html) for the LPC1768 will work there. I know it will demand some effort to make it work, but my main concern is the flash size (1768 comes with 512kb, and 1766 only 256kb). Since I don’t have the compiler, I can’t figure out the final size of the executable file. So, has anyone tried this? Do you know if the web server application will fit and work properly?
Another minor inconvenience is the compiler. I am used to working with Keil’s Realview compiler. I’m guessing I could use gcc from Keil IDE, but does anyone know if it is possible to modify the source code to make it compilable with RealView?
Thank you very much!

davedoors wrote on Tuesday, November 03, 2009:

You will have to modify the linker script for the smaller flash, but the code will fit in 256 very easily.

The GCC that comes with Keil is very old and probably won’t work.

There is already a FreeRTOS Keil port for Cortex M3, you would just have to create the project.

fdvalenzuela wrote on Tuesday, November 03, 2009:

Thanks for your reply Dave, I will try the demo on the LPC 1766 board then.
The only port I’ve seen for Cortex M3 and Keil is for the LM3Sxxxx boards, do you beleive this port can be used with the NXP sample code? Anyway, I could learn how to use Eclispe :stuck_out_tongue:
Once again, thanks.

davedoors wrote on Tuesday, November 03, 2009:

All the cortex m3 ports are identical so the manufacturer does not matter.