Linking AWS FreeRTOS demo code's mbedtls net_sockets mbedtls_net_recv and mbedtls_net_send?

I’m trying to merge some code that calls the mbedtls_net_recv and mbedtls_net_send functions from the AWS FreeRTOS demo code’s net_sockets.h and .c files but can’t get the CMake code to compile and link these two functions. The two function names show up in the aws_demos.map file in the build directory, but ONLY for where they are called from and NOT from the net_sockets.c file.

Is there some setting in one of the CMake files in the demo code that needs to be set to be able to compile/link this file and it’s functions?

Tom

These functions come from mbedtls\library\net_sockets.c file. Are you compiling that file?

This is the CMake portion to build mbedTLS: https://github.com/aws/amazon-freertos/blob/master/libraries/3rdparty/CMakeLists.txt#L129

Thanks.

The CMakeLists.txt file you “link to” above is the same CMakeLists.txt file that is in the amazon-freertos\libraries\3rdparty directory of the FreeRTOS code I’m trying to compile, and it still doesn’t compile/link the net_sockets.h and .c files even though other files in the same directories do compile/link.

I’m “new” to using CMake so I don’t understand how to get this done. I’ve tried using “#include directory/file_name.h” from where these functions are called, but apparently CMake prevents that from working.

Any recommendations or what to try next? As I’m “lost”!

Tom