Kendryte k210 freeRtos port

Hi,

I would like to know if there is a freeRtos port to kendryte k210 chip.

The kendryte github say:
warning]This project is no longer maintained.Not recommended for product development.

Thank’s.

This is not something I am familiar with but we do have a 64-bit RISC-V port - not sure how different it is to the Kendryte one, if at all. Ours doesn’t yet support floating point though - although there is a PR outstanding to add floating point support.

1 Like

I’d also like to add that others have also been seeking to create an updated port of this chip:

2 Likes

Where ? Link please.

In this link:

This SDK is for Kendryte K210 without OS support. If you have any questions, please be free to contact us.

Hey, I’m interested in this, too!

The now-abandoned, official K210 FreeRTOS SDK is weird in more than one way, so rather than updating it, I tried combining the still (somewhat) maintained standalone SDK with a recent version of FreeRTOS. Unfortunately, I ran into issues very early on:

• The interrupt handler in the SDK (if I identified it correctly) has more than the one “cause” parameter that is mentioned in the FreeRTOS RISC-V guide.
  • k210test/FreeRTOS-Kernel/portable/GCC/RISC-V/portmacro.h:85:3: error: #error This is the RV32 port that has not yet been adapted for 64. Although 64 bits are supposedly supported.

I have no experience with low-level OS programming. But I have experience with CMake for example (which is used in the SDK). I can upload what I have so far to GitHub if someone is interested.

1 Like

I got it working! I can’t post links here. Look for cmdrf/kendryte-freertos-project on GitHub.

I simply commented out the #error in portmacro.h and it seems to work fine. Not sure why it is there. Maybe someone wasn’t sure what the allocation alignment should be?

2 Likes

Hello, what is the status of supporting floating point on your RISC-V port? Has the PR to add floating point been merged?

Floating point support is not yet added.