FreeRTOS port for LPC2368 using Code Sourcery

littledino2112 wrote on Friday, April 06, 2012:

Hi all,
Recently, i used FreeRTOS port for LPC2368 and have sucessfully built a simple program to blink an LED. As u may know, this port uses GNU ARM toolchain (arm-elf-). Now, I want to use Code Sourcery (arm-none-eabi-) because it’s more updated. I changed arm-elf-gcc and arm-elf-objcopy in makefile to equivalent arm-none-eabi-* and compile the code. Everything went fine until i uploaded the hex file to the board. The LED doesn’t work anymore. Any idea where the issue comes from?

davedoors wrote on Friday, April 06, 2012:

The Code Sourcery equivalent of arm-elf-gcc is arm-none-eabi-gcc, not arm-elf-objcopy. Is that what you mean?

You will probably find the linker script needs updating as the section names, etc, will be different. There are some arm-none-eabi-gcc demo project in the FreeRTOS download. I suggest looking at the linker scripts that come with those or any provided by Code Sourcery if you have any problems.

littledino2112 wrote on Friday, April 06, 2012:

Thanks for the reply. i changed arm-elf-gcc to arm-none-eabi-gcc and arm-elf-objcopy to arm-none-eabi-objcopy. The compilation process went fine but the LED doesn’t blink at all. I think you’re true about the linker script file. I’ll take a look at it to see if i can find any solution.