FreeRTOS on PSoC 5 (newbie)

cerr wrote on Tuesday, January 10, 2012:

Hi,

I’m looking to get FreeRTOS working on a Cypress PSoC 5 MCU. I downloaded the FreeRTOS archive an opened the GCC folder in PSoC Creatopr 2.0. It compiled file and got downloaded succesfully but on my LCD the following appears:
“Fail at: 0
Error: 0x0800”
How can I possibly figure out what this means before I pay the 30 bucks for the documentation. I’m totally willing to spend $30 when I get the basics to work but I don’t wanna throw that money out in the wind.
Does anyone have a clue what this means?
Thanks alot!
Hints & suggestions are appreciated!

davedoors wrote on Tuesday, January 10, 2012:

Which LCD shows the message? The target (PSoC 5) when you run the FreeRTOS application? If so, debug the program by stepping through the code until you see where and why the message is being output, and you will probably have your answer.

The LCD  I connected to it on my little dev kit. The message is being generated in main.c on line 281 and printed out on line 305 - 310. But I’m not sure what “pdTRUE != xAreComTestTasksStillRunning()” is flagging…
in comtest.c in the function it says
“If the count of successful reception loops has not changed than at some time an error occurred (i.e. a character was received out of sequence) and we will return false.”
I however have not sent anything when this error appears…

Realized that I was supposed to use a loopback connector… all good now…!