FreeRTOS on Keil (MDK)

scottjiang wrote on Wednesday, June 02, 2010:

Hi:
    I have donwload the FreeRTOS 6.0.5 and it has  LPC1768 on Red suit, IAR and rowley.(the project contains UIP,USB) but i want to use it under ,Keil.
    I try to finish it by myself ,although now is  o error 0 warnning, but i got nothing on debug.
    Did somebody have the sucess example ?

davedoors wrote on Wednesday, June 02, 2010:

There are some Cortex M3 examples that use Keil. You can use one of those to see which files you need and get a sample FreeRTOSConfig.h definition. The port layer files already exist for Keil on a Cortex so you should not have to write anything.

I suggest using the new project wizard in Keil to create a project that runs on your hardware, then add in the FreeRTOS files and update the vector table to install the three required FreeRTOS interrupt. Again you can use an existing Keil Cortex M3 project to see what to do in the vector table (SysTick, PendSV and SVC Call interrupts are required).

Make sure configTOTAL_HEAP_SIZE setting in FreeRTOSConfig is appropriate for the amount of RAAM on the LPC1768.

ujush wrote on Tuesday, July 20, 2010:

Hi dave,

I think i got same problem with scottjiang, I successfully build one of the freeRTOS examples and then I can’t viewed the output of the project.For the example, Let’s say the output is for printing a tasks name on the console but unfortunately when I debug the codes theirs no output. Through  F10 and F11 I saw that it stuck on the startup code of LPC17xx.s on the reset handler. I change the vector table of Systick, PendSV and SVC into vPortSVCHandler, xPortPendSVhandler and xPortSystickhandler and when i build the project I got this error:  startup_LPC17xx.s(66): error: A1517E: Unexpected operator equal to or equivalent to /……   Did i miss something? do you have any idea for this? Any suggestion?
Thanks.

sbir85 wrote on Wednesday, September 28, 2011:

Hey guy’s,

I’ve the same problem, do you have a solution or a sample project of a LPC17xx with keil.

I implement the FreeRTOS in my uVision project, but I got a Linker problem.
I’m not sure what’s the problem:

.\build\Blinky.axf: Error: L6218E: Undefined symbol vTaskStartScheduler
(referred from main.o).

Do you have a sample of FreeRTOS for Keil for LPC1768 or LPC17xx ?

regards,

Steven