FreeRTOS for Infineon TC399xx

I’am working on porting from Infineon TC1782 to TC399xB. Has anybody experience with TC399.

No direct experience, but if you summarise the difference between the two cores I may be able to assist.

I could successfully port from TC1782 to TC399xB.
Have you any idea how can I publish my results?

It would be great if we can publish them - unfortunately the FreeRTOS Interactive site, which used to be used for this purpose, is somewhat in a broken state at the moment and we are planning on replacing it - maybe with another form like this that has the same categories as the Interactive site does today.

Additionally, the Github mirror of the FreeRTOS SourceForge repository will soon become the primary repository for FreeRTOS, so that would provide another option.

Given those are both a little future looking, for now can I ask that you zip up your work and attach it to a post in this thread - that way at least users searching for the same thing will find this thread and hence your code.

Hi Zoltán,
did you succed in porting ? I started from [https://interactive.freertos.org/hc/en-us/community/posts/210026366-FreeRTOS-7-1-Port-for-Aurix-TC27x-using-Free-Entry-Toolchain].
Using the simulator I can create a Task and start the scheduler, it creates my task, IDLE and Tmr Svc, but then it get stuck, I guess it is because it does not receive tick interrupt.
Any suggestion?

Hello guys,

did you succeed in the porting to Tricore TC39xx family? Would you be interested in sharing the port?

Thanks

Hi Zoltan,
would you mind sharing your results?
We’d also like to try FreeRTOS on TC39xx.

If you are interesting, please contact me on zoltan.zemlenyi@flex.com
Zoli

Did you have a fix on this issue? I am facing the same issue last time but no response from anyone and couldn’t find the topic troubleshooting in google.

I made a porting to TC399xx.
Write a mail, will send you the fix.

Grateful if you can attach the fix here or create a pull request with the fix. Thanks.

Hi Zoltan, I have sent you mail regarding sharing the results.

I have a sample project on this family of microcontrollers used to inject oil into the engine’s combustion chamber if you are interested you can contact me via email I can send it to you.

As Richard asked, opening a pull request to the community-supported ports GitHub repository or attaching the code here with the port code would help people working on the Tricore.

I will create soon PR on the indicated site.

Thank you for the indication.

Zoli

image001.jpg

Hello Longnv, can you please send me the project? I have sent you personal message in this community.

Hi Zoltan, I am using the Port files which you have shared. I am able to build, but everytime i try to start the scheduler it is going to the trap while allocating memory. I am not able to understand. Can you please send the entire project (need not have any application software) so that I can reproduce just the kernel?

Hi @ostor could you please share the port?

Hi,
Send me a mail to zoltan zemlenyi flex com
Zoli

@ostor If you want to upstream your port, you can raise a PR to this repo - GitHub - FreeRTOS/FreeRTOS-Kernel-Community-Supported-Ports. Let us know if you need any help in that.