FreeRTOS FAT file type

I’m a beginner. I want to ask what types of files FreeRTOS divides into? For different types, does fat use one way to read files?And do other operating systems also use a read-write method to read files?

Hello @rush-rush-dog, FreeRTOS is a real-time operating system, it is written mostly in C, and a little bit of assembler code.
It has little to do with FAT and files, although there is a FreeRTOS+FAT library, which you can use to work with a FAT file system. The file system may be stored on e.g. a memory card or in RAM.

You wrote:

use a read-write method to read files?

I am not sure what you mean here. When reading a file, fread() can called, and when writing, fwrite() can be used.
Within FreeRTOS+FAT, all functions have a prefix ff_, so it becomes ff_fread() and ff_fwrite().

Thank you so much for your kindness. I mean, for different types of files, such as pictures or videos, will the file system use different functions to read files? As far as you know, is this the case with other operating systems?

It’s up to the system designer to make these decisions. It is possible to partition the memory such that one area is accessed via a file system but other areas aren’t. I’ve seen all kinds of different architctures over the years. As Hein said, FreeRTOS doesn’t deal with these kinds of things, it’s essentially a task scheduler. Maintaining resources such as memory access abstractions is beyond the scope of FreeRTOS and is typically done by modules called middleware of which there is quite a bit of choices out in the market.

Thank you so much for your kindness. I basically understand.