FreeRTOS example for

eavg wrote on Thursday, February 19, 2009:

I’m downloading the FreeRTOS demo ARM7_AT91SAM7S64_IAR into an AT91SAM7A3-EK. I’m using IAR 5.20.

This causes IAR to hang when downloading.

Any ideas?

thanks

davedoors wrote on Thursday, February 19, 2009:

Are the memory maps the same for the two chips?

Also when IAR downloads it runs a small script to setup the chip before debugging starts. Check the IAR example for the A3 to see if it uses the same script as the one used by the S64 example.

At what point does it hang? Any messages in the log window to give a clue?

eavg wrote on Friday, February 20, 2009:

Yes the memory maps are different from 7S64 to the 7A3.
But I’m using the linker and the script files from the working example and I get the ‘hanging feeling’ when downloading.

I try to put some errors :slight_smile: in the script file to see till where it would run, but the IAR power is stronger and I cannot switch the window to the Log.
I also saw some while loops in the script which I’ve tried to comment (just in case) but without result.

eavg wrote on Friday, February 20, 2009:

Yes the memory maps are different from 7S64 to the 7A3.
But I’m using the linker and the script files from the working example and I get the ‘hanging feeling’ when downloading.

I try to put some errors :slight_smile: in the script file to see till where it would run, but the IAR power is stronger and I cannot switch the window to the Log.
I also saw some while loops in the script which I’ve tried to comment (just in case) but without result.